This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Kraft Heinz.
Holidays are all about getting together with family and friends while enjoying delicious food and having a great time! And this year, they may even look slightly different from previous years. So holding onto the regular traditions and still trying to incorporate them in whenever we can will be just as important. 🙂
When it comes to the holiday season, it’s hard to not think of all the holiday food—the sweet, the savory and everything else that comes with the celebrations. Which is why comfort and familiarity will also play an important role this year! And for me, Kraft® Heinz products invoke that sense of familiarity of happier and simpler times around the table. 🙂
That’s why I am so delighted to share one of my most requested recipes with you all today that uses Kraft® Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese and Kraft® Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese (available at Walmart) and is a very delicious and easy recipe! I have been making this creamy chicken pot pie for years now, and it has always been a crowd favorite! I am also all about easy recipes that taste delicious but do not take hours in the kitchen. 😉
So without further ado, let me share with you my creamy chicken pot pie recipe! Now, just a word of caution: it may not seem like the most traditional in terms of ingredients, but I promise you, that it will be devoured in a jiffy!
Here are the ingredients that you need to make this delicious Creamy Chicken Pot Pie!
To start off, I sliced all my veggies: green peppers, red peppers, scallions, jalapeños and spinach. For this recipe, I am using 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces.
After sautéing the chicken in all the spices, throw in the veggies.
Sauté for another 5-8 minutes.
Stir in cream cheese, and splash 2 tablespoons of milk if mixture looks dry! It’s totally optional though. 🙂 In this recipe, I love using Philadelphia® Cream Cheese as it tastes fresh and the creamy texture is totally worth savoring! I also love that it is made with no artificial preservatives, dyes or flavors.
At this point, you also want to stir in the shredded cheddar cheese to form a cheesy sauce!
Transfer the mixture to a greased baking dish and top with thawed puff pastry sheet. Brush it with egg yolk and pop it in the oven for about 30 minutes.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving. 🙂
Hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Also, Kraft Heinz is running a super fun holiday sweepstakes! Enter the #ShareTheHolidaySweepstakes by clicking here for a chance to win daily prizes of $100 Walmart gift cards and a grand prize trip to visit loved ones (a $2,500 value). Plus, as a special gift from Walmart, you’ll be emailed a link to download a free digital cookbook of holiday favorites (including this recipe!).
Have a wonderful holiday season!
Creamy Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 sliced green pepper
- 2 sliced red peppers
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ½ cup scallions
- 1 jalapeño, chopped finely
- 1 package 8 ounce PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed and softened
- 2 tablespoons milk (optional)
- 1 cup KRAFT Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- ½ package Frozen Puff Pastry Sheet, thawed
- 1 large egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of canola oil over medium high-heat, and toss chicken with minced garlic cloves and ground ginger.
- Sauté chicken for 2 minutes and add in the spices: (1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon ground turmeric, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, ½ teaspoon each cayenne, and pepper.) Sauté everything until chicken is browned and almost cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Add veggies to the skillet (green pepper, red pepper, spinach, scallions, jalapeño). Sauté for another 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese, cook for 2 minutes. Splash in 2 tablespoons milk, if mixture is dry.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese to form cheese sauce.
- Transfer to a greased 2-½-quart baking dish. Top with thawed puff pastry sheet until the mixture is covered completely.
- Whisk together egg yolk. Brush over pastry. Bake uncovered until bubbly and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Cover loosely with foil if it starts getting too dark. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.